Seeing Chloe and Max's faces light up when they came home to these marsh-mummies was a treat in itself! They both love marshmallows so I kinda knew these easy Halloween treats would be a hit. I plan on making a batch for each of their classes fall festival celebrations - since I love seeing little faces light up so much!
I'm absolutely loving this fall. The weather, the festivities, the sweaters and boots, and of course-the food. I'm happy to be enjoying another season as much as I do summer! This is definitely a new found love for me- but I'm welcoming it with opened arms! The kids and I went pumpkin picking on a farm last week with friends. We went on a hay ride and fed some bunnies along with some other smelly animals! As much as I enjoyed myself, the city girl in me cannot handle smelly animals! Luckily there were also some good smells too, like that of roasted corn on the cob! The farm had it's own gourmet market that had many yummy things to buy such as zucchini chips and butternut squash & apple soup. My friend Gina and I shared a fresh mozzarella panini with balsamic reduction that was pretty darn good! The market is where I got the inspiration for these marsh-mummies. It was a great day with friends and my favorite little peeps!
- Jumbo marshmallows
- 1 12 oz bag of Wilton white chocolate
- 1 pack of Wilton candy eyeballs
- 1 pack of paper straws or plastic drink stirrers
- 1 skewer for decorating mummy
- Melt desired amount of chocolate. I used approximately 1/4 of a bag for 6 marshmallows.
- Put straws inside marshmallows (do not poke through top).
- Using the skewer, dip one end in the chocolate and go around the marshmallow with it. As the chocolate dries, it looks very much like the bandages of a mummy! I covered the entire top with the chocolate using a spoon. Each one will be unique and that makes them even more special.
- Dot 2 spots of melted chocolate where you want the eyes and place an eye over each dot.
- Stand the marsh-mummies up and allow them to dry. I used a mason jar.
Your little ghouls and goblins will love their mummy even more for these amazingly tasty Halloween treats! They are equal parts delicious and adorable! Enjoy!